Thursday, January 10, 2008

It's Nice to be Appreciated

One small action by one single person can cause a trickle down effect of joy and that is what happened today in my life.

As the manager of our little optical store, customer service is a big issue to me. I've been in retail sales more years than I can say and in optics for 13 years and in our store we are all about caring for our patients. We love big sales, we love to meet sales budgets but mostly we love to help our customers. We try to sell from our hearts, we try to listen to the customers to find out just what would be best for them.

Yesterday one little lady took out the time to call our company's customer service number to brag on our store and on the associate that waited on her. The customer service rep went on and on to tell me all the nice things she said about Vicki, who gave her the best customer service she could offer. She in fact went above what is expected of her and there is where the difference lies.

And as a bonus, the customer rep told me that the customer service Vicki gave said a lot about management. She said, "I can hear your spirit in your voice and even though I don't know you, I can tell customer service is important to you."

And that's what the lady said about Vicki too, that she was genuine and took the extra time to explain things to her.

So there you go, in a world where complaining is prominent, one little lady happened into our store, acknowledged our good service, brought joy to the customer rep, brought joy to Vicki, my associate and brought JOY to me.

Think about that next time you receive excellent customer service and let it be known. You will never know how much it means!

4 comments:

Chellie said...

I try to do that myself. When there are those who really stand out with their patience and kindness, they deserve to be acknowledged.

Robbin said...

Funny Chellie, I was commenting on your blog while you were commenting on mine!
And good girl! Always let it be known when you get good service. People seem to be so ready to report bad service but forget to acknowledge good service.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing our story. It is nice to be appreciated! I try to let someone know when they have done an excellent job also. It makes me feel good to bring others JOY!

Robbin said...

Hi Vicki! Yes, it does feel good to make someone else feel appreciated. I agree wholeheartedly.