Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Lost Night

I'm off today. Last night was my closing night and I was so tired I fell asleep fairly early and no blogging for me. Coffee is making as I type and it smells so good. Sometimes I think coffee smells much better than it actually taste.

Anyway since I didn't blog last night I didn't report the JOY I found during the day. And I wanted to do that first thing this morning.

JOY came to be by way of a little couple yesterday at work, my first customers who entered our store and broke into a smile when they saw me and said, " We were hoping you would be here this morning."

He had broken his glasses and I was able to help them. It's rewarding to have a job to be able to help people when they need to see. It is what I like about my job most. And when managing a store and feeling like you come up short as a manager sometimes, it feels good to know you can at least still make your customers happy. I hope I never lose that.

No comments: