Wednesday, January 02, 2008

It's Cold in Georgia Tonight

Tonight it will be in the teens here, single digits in some parts of the state but listen to this

........snow flurries predicted for Daytona Beach Florida tonight!

One of my most favorite places in the world is a town in Florida called Plant City. It is the strawberry capitol of the world. They have a huge strawberry festival in February where you can get the best strawberry shortcake you've ever had in your life.

The berries could be in trouble tonight, but I saw on the news where the farmers run sprinklers on them and that way they will freeze inside the water and stay at 32 degrees. If the temp goes lower it won't hurt them, maybe. AND that is where I find JOY today. I love those strawberries and I hope they survive!

1 comment:

amy said...

OH, my goodness! Snow flurries in Daytona? That's about the craziest thing I've ever heard!