Friday, January 18, 2008

Hell Hound



Meet Ching. A couple of years ago my parent's Chow got hit by a car. Missing her a bunch they found a dog in a "foster home" that had had a hard time finding a home. They went and met her and decided to adopt her. Sounds nice huh?
I'm a big animal lover, have been around dogs all my life. The first time I met Ching she made me a little nervous. I tried to make friends with her but all at once this look came in her eyes and she lunged toward me, growling like a mad dog. She was on a leash at the time and my stepfather controlled her that time.
I tried a few other times but she'd always do the same thing. I became concerned but they assured me she was nice to them and a really gentle dog. And then she attacked my little dog.

Sweetie suffered tooth marks in the top of her head before my stepfather got Ching off of her. That was it. I was done and convinced this dog was not a safe pet for them but they assured me she was.

They keep her outside in a huge pen, they have "Beware of Dog" signs out and I guess she is the kind of dog they want. After she attacked Sweetie a second time, I've learned to be careful letting Sweetie out if I'm not sure she is penned up. And my parents have acknowledged she is not to be trusted around other people or animals but they love her and have kept her.

I live on the same property as they do and this afternoon when I came home there Ching is, out and my parents nowhere in sight. I figure they are around some place so I just sit in my car and wait. In the mean time, Ching barks and growls and jumps up on my car in attack mode and foams at the mouth. Finally they realize that she is down here in my yard and that I can't get out of the car and they drive the golf cart down to get her. They think it is so funny. I AM not amused very much.

4 comments:

amy said...

THAT is one nasty looking dog. I sure hope they don't find themselves regretting being the owners of it one of these days. I just PRAY it doesn't get loose and do something awful.

Robbin said...

They think she just doesn't "like" me. But that's ok, I ain't crazy about her either....especially after she has hurt Sweetie twice!

The_Gertster said...

Ching needs to meet The Dog Whisperer!!!!

Robbin said...

LOL, that is for sure Steph!