Saturday, January 05, 2008

Long Work Day

Today was a very long day for me. I left home this morning at 7:00 A.M. and just got home at 7:00 P.M. Saturday is usually not that long of a work day but this morning we had our store meeting and I have to close on Saturday so, that is the way it came down.

But it was not an unpleasant day, we really had a good meeting and a good day. But I am glad to be home at last and I don't have to work tomorrow. So that is a good thing.

On my way to work this morning the sun was rising behind me and what a show it made. I never actually saw it rise but I saw the preparation for its spectacular entry in those beautiful shades of color that only nature can furnish. So, JOY was in the sunrise this morning.

And I am also thankful that my parents raised me to be able to have respect for all kinds of people and not to be afraid of them if they are different, or in this case, quite bizarre. We are after all , creatures of the universe and deserve to be treated well by others.

3 comments:

Marcie said...

Robbin, I'm glad to hear you found joy in the sunrise this morning. I slept through it, but was up in the middle of the night to get my girls off to a school trip and then went back to bed once they were set. How did you do with not complaining? :)

Robbin said...

Oh Aisling, I'm glad you asked. I did good, didn't have to switch arms at all. I thought about what you said though about probably doing good for awhile and then having a bad day.......lol. We'll see.

Marcie said...

lol, Robbin. When we learn to face our bad days without complaining, we'll truly have become wise and gentle souls! Maybe you're closer to that than you think! :)