Thursday, January 24, 2008

Barbara Delinsky's New Novel


"Deborah Monroe and her daughter, Grace, are driving home from a party when their car hits a man running in the dark. Grace is at the wheel, but Deborah sends her home before the police arrive, determined to shoulder the blame for the accident. Her decision then turns into a deception that takes on a life of its own and threatens the special bond between mother and daughter."


I've not been in a reading mood for a few weeks now but I got a new book today by a favorite author and above is what is on the inside jacket. Sounds like a good story so I am anxious to start it. So, JOY that I have a new book.

I like Barbara Delinsky because she usually writes about real people that I can relate to and her characters stick with me for quite some time. Like new old friends. You know, someone you just meet but feel like you've known them forever?

We had a pretty pleasant day at work today, and it is suppose to be cold again tonight (it had warmed up quite a bit) and then warm again in a few days. That's how a southern winter goes. It's not that we don't get cold weather, it does just doesn't stick around for long.

It seems as if this week has flown by. This is my weekend to work Sunday too but the up side of that is I get two days off next week. I can live with that.

Ok, so I'm off to have supper and start my new book. Pleasant night to all!

No comments: