Thursday, January 03, 2008

Bread! The Staff of Life

Remember that Panini maker sandwich press thing my mother bought me last week? The one I really wasn't even sure why she thought I'd want one? Well......I've had fun with it this past week. I've had a steak and cheese pita bread panini, I've had a Reuben, I've had grilled chicken and cheese and brocoli.

Tonight I am carmelizing onions for a roast beef panini. And the best part is I'm having this luciuos yummy sandwich on homemade whole wheat bread!

And that is the JOY I've experienced today because it was a whole loaf delivered to me at work, still a little warm, by my mom's cousin's wife. It is crusty on the outside and warm and chewy on the inside~ my oh my!

I wish my digital camera wasn't dead. I'd take a pic!

4 comments:

Marcie said...

Robbin,

I'm glad you're having fun with your new toy! *grin* Homemade bread makes a wonderful gift, doesn't it? Especially still warm from the oven!

I hope you find a lot of Joy in today.

hugs,
Aisling

Marcie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robbin said...

Oh yeah, Aisling, homemade bread is the best gift! It is sooo yummy and whole wheat too! Just like I like!
If you were here, I'd make you the best Veggie panini I could!

Marcie said...

Oh, that I would love, Robbin! :)