Sunday, May 06, 2007

I survived!

Ok, I am 50! And I survived the birthday. Now I live it. I'll live it to the best of my ability. I am going to search for the balance that I believe is the true secret to happiness. Life can't be lived happily being selfish and doing what you want. No matter what happens, other people are affected by what we do. But I believe there is a balance one can achieve where you find happiness by doing what you can for others and in turn it comes back to you. At the same time, you can't do things based on what you think others want you to do for their own selfish reasons. I'm searching for the balance.
And so a new phase starts in my life. My instinct tells me this journey will not be always easy but maybe the most rewarding part of my life thus far. I'm excited and scared at the same time. I may stumble from time to time but I am going to learn to keep my balance and we'll see where it leads me.

No comments: