Thursday, May 03, 2007

IN Honor of my 50th Birthday......


Here's 50 things about me:






1. I've worn glasses since I was 12 but needed them probably two years before I actually got them.
2. Minnie Pearl held me when I was a baby.
3. The first boy I ever kissed was named Rocky Cartwright.
4. When I was ten I traded a neighbor boy my prized Roy Rogers Bubble Gum Machine ring for a day of wearing his cowboy boots. I wore them without socks and had blisters on both heels that nearly killed me!
5. My favorite uncle was my Uncle Glen and he called me "Pumpkin".
6. After Uncle Glen had his own little girl, he called her "Pumpkin" and I never forgave him.
7 When I was pregnant with my first son I ate tomato sandwiches lathered in mayo, on white bread, covered in black pepper.
8. I gave birth to this same son naturally with no drugs at all.
9. My favorite meal is tuna salad with rice and English peas. (I barely like these foods alone or with anything else but I love them together.)
10. I also like cole slaw with spaghetti.
11. When I was three a small military plane crashed in the field behind my house,and that's the first memory I have.
12. I've been in the hospital five times in my life if you count my own birth.
13. I am an only child.
14. I got married when I was 19, had a baby at 20 and got divorced at 33
15. I’ve shook Jimmy Carter’s hand three times.
16. I once replaced a heater core in a car all by myself (with help from my friend over the phone)
17. I’ve never had a broken bone.
18. I’ve always had either a cat or a dog in my life.
19. I was positive that my second son was going to be a girl, but I’m glad he wasn’t.
20. I live in the Watermelon Capitol of the world.
21. I grew up about ten mile from Warm Springs, Georgia.
22. I have absolutely no business sense.
23. I am directionally challenged, if you say right, I go left.
24. I do not have cable T.V. nor do I want it.
25. My Daddy’s nickname for me was “Rooster” and I know not why.
26. I had a secret desire once to become a Locksmith.
27. I’ve never had but one brand new car in my life and my ex wrecked it when it was only a few months old.
28. Late afternoon is my favorite time of the day.
29. I used to could blow a bubble in a bubble in a bubble in a bubble with Bazooka Bubble Gum.
30. I truly believe that at least three times in my life I’ve been touched by an angel.
31. I have some sort of connection with American Natives and am drawn to nearly everything about them.
32. There have been times in my life when I’ve cried because I’m not pretty.
33. There have been times in my life when I was glad I’m not pretty.
34. There have been times in my life when I thought I was almost pretty.
35. I once lived in a house owned by the guy who played “Enos” on Dukes of Hazard.
36. I got evicted from that house because I couldn’t pay the rent on time.
37. I didn’t really start drinking coffee until I was in my 40’s.
38 I’ve worked six jobs in my lifetime.
39. I used to could bend my thumb back and touch my arm.
40. I realized early on that I thought a little different from most of the people in my life.
41. I love rocks and gemstones and wish I’d studied to be an archaeologist.
42. I’m really surprised I spelled archaeologist and spell check didn’t underline it.
43. I want a log cabin deep in the woods.
44. I really have no desire to ever get married again.
45. Being a parent was the hardest thing I ever did in my entire life.
46. My mother and I are exact opposites in most ways.
47. I’ve confirmed what a boring person I am by how boring my 50 things are.
48. My favorite thing that I own is a poster of an Orca Whale for sentimental reasons.
49. I’ve only been to seven other states in the United States.
50. And here’s my not so favorite number, but I’m going to learn to like it!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some really interesting things, I think. Nothing really boring. I enjoy when people do these, I really do. It shows a little of what people remember of themselves and you have a few famous people in your memories too! The one I connected with the most is how incredibly hard it is to be a parent. The past 8 months or has once again shown me just what a journey this parenting thing really is. I know you commented about your son to me once and I wanted to ask you about it and I noticed you referred to him in one of your other posts as not being able to sleep and he is 30 now. Whatever his problems are, I know that it doesn't matter how old he is, your mother's heart still feels it. I hope all is well with him soon. Hang in there...I have to believe there is always a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. :)

You enjoy Native American culture? I used to love reading novels that had them in the story line. Intriquing set of people.