Monday, September 29, 2008

And So MY Week Begins

Ok, so here I go. Today, an appointment with the Blood Thinner people, (who knew there was such a place?) Tomorrow and Wednesday Chemo. And then a short trip back to town on Thursday for that bad shot (which is really a good shot for my white blood cells) that makes me hurt. Although part of me dreads all of this, the other part is ready to get on with it. Get it over and let's get on with life.
The sloppy joes went down good. It was only because I was at the end of the three week treatments, if I'd tried that earlier it they would have killed me, but see, I'm learning.
I worked on my design for my Nurse's bracelets yesterday but I didn't like what it looked like, so still working on that. Thanks for all your comments on my mother's. And she is really proud of it. But she's always been one of my biggest fans, she has a bracelet for every outfit. She's Miss Fashion, loves clothes and accessories more than anyone I know except for perhaps my seven year old granddaughter.
And I'm a little glad to get out to the house this week, even if it is for Chemo. I've got cabin fever bad but if I try to get out, other than just to visit my mother, it wears me out. I'll be glad when that is over.
So, I'm ready for the week. I hope you all have a good one. I should be ok this week, but by the weekend if I don't show up for a few days, you'll know where I am. Right here, feeling like crap but kicking Cancer in it's BUTT!
Love,
Robbin


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you just get to kicking..I'm sure you know my mom had cancer too..I remember how hard it was for her and the treatments. I will say a few extra prayers for you this week. Blessings of peace and mercy today, JEn

Marcie said...

Robbin, I hope the week goes smoothly. I don't have a really free day all week, so if I don't comment much, please know that I am thinking of you as I "scurry" about.

love and hugs,
Aisling

Robbin said...

Thank you Jen, and your Mom is a big inspiration to me for sure.
Hoping you have a good day. We are suppose to be a little cloudy but lots of that golden Fall sun too.

Robbin said...

Hi Aisling, thanks for thinking of me as I always know you do, as you scurry about in your busy life. Take care of you!

Marge said...

Dear Robbin,

Thanks for posting your schedule for the week. Now I know what to pray for each day for you. Today I'll pray for your blood to be just right for the blood thinner folks. Then the next two days I'll pray for the chemo stuff, and on Thursday for the bad shot thingie. You're covered until then, my dear friend! Now if I don't hear from you I know what's happening.

Seriously, I do pray for you and look forward to the good news that you've survived yet another rough ordeal. You are amazing!

Blessing to you,
Marge

GreenishLady said...

Dear Robbin, though I don't always get around to commenting, or reaing daily, I do try to catch up when I can, and think of you often. The bracelet is just so lovely! Your nurses will be delighted, no doubt. I'll be sending good thoughts and prayers for healing and strength your way all through this week. Blessings to you.

turquoise cro said...

Keeping YOU in my prayers this week, Robbin! (((((Robbin))))

Debra said...

Oh! How I love that "kicking cancer in the butt" part! LOL!

Memaw's memories said...

As usual, I'm behind. I had two granddaughters Friday night, and added a third on Saturday. I was pooped, then took two to church on Sunday.

The bracelet you made for your mom is really pretty.

Keep hanging in there. It's almost finished. Then you will go from being a patient to a survivor.

Robbin said...

Thanks you guys, I believe with all my heart all of you had something to do with my last treatment not being so bad, and we'll show this one who's boss too! Your constant encouragment, your kind words, your faith in me, your prayers, each of you make me smile and make my heart sing and I'm so thankful you think enough of me to take the time to write to me, to keep me going. WHAT would I ever do without you all? Thank you from the bottom of my heart. As I sit there getting treatment I feel as if each one of you are there beside me. It keeps me strong and you all are the amazing ones, not me.

L'Adelaide said...

(((((robbin)))))
you don't worry about anything but that kicking the cancer in the butt part, k?

many blessings and my special candle with a prayer when I light it every eve...

xoxoxo

Robbin said...

And then there's you Linda, who checks on me even when you feel so bad yourself. You have become a constant friend whom I have come to love and appreiate. Your blog alone feels my soul with color and hope. Thank you always.