Monday, September 22, 2008

Special People

I work for a Retail chain of Optical Stores and we are divided into districts. In my district there are 15 stores and since I've been manager there's not been much of a turn over as far as Managers are concerned and so with a conference call once a week and meetings ever so often, some of us have known each other a long time. And we really like each other.
You may remember back a few months ago, one of the managers and her team (none of which I know except the manager) sent me the coolest package of a big ole bag of Skiddles and a Rainbow card which they all signed and wrote me the promise of a rainbow to come. It made my day. Since then, at least every few weeks or so, I've gotten a package from them.
After the rainbow package I got a book and a card, once again signed by all the employees, with such sweet messages. I got next fuzzy purple socks and fuzzy bedroom shoes. Last week the theme was Fall, complete with a Trick or Treat bag, a glow stick, a pot holder and dish cloth with pumpkins,all tied up in a green ribbon, which happens to be my favorite color and of course that card, where they all take the time to write such sweet messages.
I'm not sure they get how much these little things mean to me. First of all, that they take the time to do this for me, someone they only know through the manager. And the manger herself, who inspires me and keeps me going with emails and love. I will never ever forget what they have done for me. The funny thing is I get that package when I really need a lift. Every time!
They don't read my blog, I don't share it with many people I actually know, but I write an email every time and the manager prints it out and takes the email to work so they all know how much it means to me.
I am glad to have people like this in my life. Sometimes love comes from places you would least expect it to. And it brings a little bit of the world to me since I'm so stuck here. And I am so blessed to have them. They are really something.

No comments: