Saturday, September 06, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Son


Today my youngest son turns 29. I chose this picture because this past April when I had surgery he flew from Washington to be with me afterwards and to help me. One of the things he did was to wash my car. It was a luxury to me to have someone to that for me. He and I had a lot of good quality time together. He was still here for my birthday which was in May and he took me shopping and we bought a computer game and spend the next few nights playing it together. It was so much fun and a memory that I will have forever.
We didn't know at that time that in a few weeks he'd be flying back, this time because we'd lost Jonathan. He and I have had a hard year. But I am so proud of his strength and the man he's turned out to be.
On the morning of Jonathan's memorial I didn't think I could make it. I honestly just wanted to crawl in bed and stay there forever. On that morning I texted him on his phone and asked him "How will I make it through this day?" and quick as a wink an answer came back, one word, and it was "Together."
Happy Birthday Matthew, I love you with all my heart and I wish we could be "together" right now.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tammy Brierly said...

Happy Birthday Matthew! Lucky man.

L'Adelaide said...

my youngest son turned 30 today...I guess we know what we felt like all those years ago on the same day....OUCH.

L'Adelaide said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Robbin said...

Hey Tammy! I can't believe he is 29, where did all those years go?

Robbin said...

Well that's too cool Linda, that we have sons that share the same birthday! And yeah, OUCH!