Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Day is all mine!

I'm off and it is cold out there, yep it does get cold in Georgia for anyone who doesn't know that. I do have obligations today, I've got to go to my mom's and do her taxes as well as my aunt's. I've got to finish my Evelyn Palfrey book because I promised her I'd e-mail her and let her know how I liked the ending. I would have finished it by now if my work schedule hadn't been nuts this week. I promised Sweetie, my little dog a bath today (although she'd not mind at all if I forgot). There's lots around here that needs to be done but that's about all I'm planning on.

Tomorrow I have to do laundry which involves going to the laundry mat. Both my washer and dryer have quit and I had the money to get both new ones until my son's last episode and well, it will take some time to recoup from that. He is still ok, I talk to him almost every day and he is working and supposedly has sent me the first payment on the car I bought him while he was here. Of course by now he's convinced himself he really doesn't need the meds or the therapy because everything is perfect right now. And so that is the way it goes but when real life happens or his job isn't so new anymore or some problem comes up, that is when he is ill equiped to handle things without a little help. It would be to his wife's best advantage to encourage him that he needs the balance that the meds provide him but she needs help as badly as him, so there you go. I can only do what I can do.

So, off to start my day now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am playing hooky today from work. Just didn't feel like going in to work, unlike you, I have little to do right now and so I get so dreadfully bored. I did feel a small sore throat this morning so I thought it "justified" me taking a sick day!

Hope you are having a wonderful time off today! I think it is about naptime for me.

Kelly said...

I love the feeling I get from getting all my chores done and knowing I have nothing to do and can kick back an relax. Enjoy your day!

Robbin said...

Hi Ellie, I hope you had a good day off and I hope your throat didn't get worse. I just read about your daughter's trip on your blog, and I know you're concerned but what a special daughter you have!

Robbin said...

Hi Kelly,
I did have a good day but today I have chores to do!!!