Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Experimenting with my Diet

Ok, here's the deal. Three years ago I lost 75 pounds. I did it by eating healthy and watching portions and walking at least thirty minutes a day. I did it to support my mother who found out that year she was diabetic. She only needed to lose 20 lbs, which she did. But.......life happens and this past six months I've gained some back and I am determined NOT TO LET THIS HAPPEN!....and so, back to watching what I eat. I don't care what anyone says, you've got to have the time to plan and you have to buy the right stuff and be prepared. And that's why when my son's problem consumed my life for the last six months, I wasn't as careful as I had been, that and I'd stopped walking.
And so........here's what I'm experimenting with. There are certain foods that keep you full longer. Here's an example.
I've noticed this to be true. So, I'm going to make an effort to eat more of these foods and we'll see what happens. I don't think there are any bad foods, I think we take foods and make some of them bad for us but mostly I believe it's just like anything else, balance. Also I want to learn just to eat when I'm hungry. So, that's the plan. And it works good only there are days when I am hungrier than other days, ( I swear I think this is a woman thing) but anyway on those days I'll just try and eat more of the "full" foods. So wish me luck!

No comments: