Saturday, January 06, 2007

Week's Review on my Eating Experiment

Ok, I could really be on to something here. I was going to try and choose foods that would keep me satisfied longer. One of the things that I have tried is eating soup. I've never been much of a soup person, and I try to limit my sodium intake and canned soups are loaded with the stuff, but several companies are making low sodium soups now and they are not half bad. In fact Progressive has turned out to be my favorite. Here's a review of some of them I found on www.hungrygirl.com here. The thing about a can of soup when you live alone is that it's an easy meal. Pop the top, heat it up, add a salad if you like, some good quality crusted bread and you have an easy full fledged meal! And guess what! It keeps me satisfied easily until time to eat again. It's already portion controlled. So there you go!
Eating better means you have to remember not to mindlessly pop something in your mouth just cause it's there. I'm also very very interested in the idea that we should only eat when we are hungry, not because of what time it is. And that there are no bad foods. The truth is, if you choose good food, good quality food, it so much satisfies you in lesser quanities.
Anyway, I've been successful this week in keeping my calories down and not being hungry or had that nagging feeling that I need something else to eat at ten o'clock at night! Will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congrats Robbin. Best of luck on reaching your goal!