Monday, January 15, 2007

Ok, not sure what any of this means but.......

As I was coming home this afternoon from work it is not unusual to see deer out where I live but today, well TODAY I turned down my lane (I live out in the country) and there stood a beautiful Doe. She just stood there looking at me as pretty as you please. I never miss an opportunity to watch these beautiful, graceful animals so I stopped and watched. Curiosity got the best of her and she started walking to my car. I couldn't believe it. She would walk a little and then stop, and then come a little closer until she was right at the car (it was still running). She looked right into my eyes and I into her's. It was magical and then she very calmly veered off to the left and into the Pine Trees that surround my house. WOW. I loved it. And then, you're not going to believe this but I parked, got out of my car and when I opened the door to my house I felt something brush my arm and fall onto the porch. It was a snake! I guess he was on the door facing, a baby snake, I don't know what kind but maybe 15 inches long. I really didn't want to have to kill him, he probably wasn't poisonous but my dog was coming out at the same time and I couldn't take the chance she would get bitten.Rattlesnakes are not unusual in this part of the country. They say the baby snake is more venomous than a grown one. Sorry snake, but I couldn't let you bite my dog.
And so, there you have it, my exciting afternoon. What are these animals trying to tell me??? At least my dog is acting normal! For now.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Well.. what two very contrasting experiences all in the same day!!!! I would have had to change my pants after the snake thing.

Thanks for de-lurking :)