Monday, January 01, 2007

Ok, It's all over now!


Back to the real world, except for we still have Gerald Ford to bury and Federal Employees get another day off. Lucky them.
I've had black-eyed peas twice today, I've read dozens of people's New Year's resolutions and I've seen tribute made to all the famous people who died in 2006 several times and I'm ready to start 2007. Or am I???? This is 2007! I was born in 1957! My Gosh! I can't believe I will be 50 years old this year! I still have four months and a few days to be in my forties. They say life begins at 40 but what do they say happens at fifty? Ok, don't answer that, I don't really want to know. Of course today's 50 is yesterday's 40 I think they say. And fifty is a nice well rounded number. Fifty cents is half a buck. If you're into a really good book, page 50 is nothing, just the beginning, really if it's a good long book worth sinking your teeth into. 50 percent off is a really good sale, that's a good thing. There's fifty stars on our flag. That's a very patriotic thing to share. There's 50 ways to leave your lover according to Paul Simon. "Fifty" rhymes with "Nifty" which is used quite often in the local newspaper beside some little child's pic. "Ain't it Nifty! So & SO is 50!...Oh brother....who am I trying to kid, 50 is.......well it's 50. I'll own it proudly, I've earned it! And who the heck knows! Maybe 50 will be Nifty. I'll get used to it. What choice do I have?? But today I'm still 49!

No comments: