Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"Bust a Move"


Ok, just when I've not too long figured out or found out what "bff" means(that's best friends forever for those of you who aren't as cool as me) a new phrase has come to my attention. It's "Bust a Move". I've heard kids use it, and I even heard Oprah use it today.

At first I thought it just means "to dance" but I keep hearing it in different uses so I had to look it up on the Urban Dictionary site. It can also mean to "make a move on a woman" or "to leave in haste as to avoid someone or something. Ummm. Not a phrase I'll have much use for I don't think. I'm not that cool!

But...while on the Urban site I've discovered a VERY cool phrase that I'm going to make my own. It fits my life right now. It means "Be your own woman, make your own path, and take responsibility for who you are and what you do." (It has another meaning too but in order to keep my blog G rated I won't mention it but you can look it up if you want.)

So here's my new phrase used in a sentence.
"I've got to "cowgirl up" and make a decision about what I want to do at this time in my life!"

Now that's a phrase made just for me! I like it!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I've really enjoyed reading your blog tonight. But, alas, guess I'd better bust a move and get to bed!!! See, I'm cool!!

Robbin said...

LOL! YEP, you are very cool!