Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Day Off


Rain is in the forecast (I'll believe it when I see it) and I have nothing I have to do today so that's a good thing. I like days like that.

All of a sudden after almost 10 years of living alone and liking it, I find myself facing that horrible, frightful "L" word. I have to face it and deal with it as if I'm not trying to figure out enough in my life right now! I AM LONELY. There, I've said it.

Actually it's all my oldest son's fault. Back in the Spring when he moved in with me for a while I guess I got used to somebody being here. It was bad because he never found a job while he was here and he has a little problem about respecting other people's things, and I was glad when he moved on but after he left this place was strangely quiet. I figured I'd get over that fast but even now, a few months later, I miss having someone here. So I'm not sure what's up with that. Nothing much I can do about it.

Tomorrow My DIL and granddaughter will be leaving Georgia and going back home. I hope their trip back goes as well as their trip here went. They are stopping by my work to say goodbye. And I'm planning on taking them out to lunch.

And that's about all I know for now. Looking for some quite time alone today to do some thinking, meditating, praying, as I seek for the answers I need for the peace and happiness that I don't seem to have at the moment. Maybe I should take up YOGA!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I'm really glad to have my son here at home. He helps me so much and is such good company. I have never really been alone in a very long time.
I know you will miss your DIL and granddaughter. Saying prayers for them to have a safe trip.

Robbin said...

Thank you Linda. If I can finally make that decision to move I will be close to the them. Just got to get there! I keep hearing your words, "I started over at a new place, you can too!"