Monday, July 09, 2007

Fortunately


Have you ever come in contact with someone, someone who's not had that easy of a life, someone who has little and doesn't expect much? And has it ever hit you that if a few circumstances in your life had been different, if you'd taken one road over the other, that this person could be you?

That happened to me today and it makes you step back a little and be thankful for your life even though it's far from perfect, even though you'd imagined things to be different. And it makes me wonder about the age old question, is our destiny pre-determined or do we have a say so? Or did you just happen to choose the right fortune cookie?

Deep thoughts for my tired brain tonight, but good timing to make me thankful for the people I have in my life who care about me, because there are plenty of people in this old world that are really and truly alone. Sometimes you need that reminder.

No comments: