Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday Morning Ramblings

I had lunch with my girls yesterday before they started off on their long trip home and last night they called me from Elvis's birthplace. My granddaughter sat on the porch swing of the house where he was born! How cool is that?

My co-workers thought I was going to be a mess after they left me but I only had a few tears. Having the distraction of work was a good thing. Had I been at home and had to say goodbye it might not have been that easy.

I have to work all weekend and have an early morning meeting on Monday. Our store has had a good month and we're one of the few in our district that has so that is one less thing to worry about, the powers that be pretty much leave us alone as long as we are making budget. That's the world of retail.

That's about it for my life right now this moment. Of course in the background of this life my mind is spinning and I'm still trying to make a plan of what I need to make me happy. Number one thing that is for sure. I need to be close to that little girl that was swinging on the King's porch swing yesterday. That I know for sure.

I'm off to work, have a great day everybody!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sorry the girls had to leave. It's good that work can be a distraction.
I am so thankful I have my granddaughter here. This is absolutely one thing I just couldn't give up. I love seeing her grow and learn. I hope I am always near and in her life.

Robbin said...

I hope you are too alway near her, a child needs her grandma!