Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Passing the Rockin' Girl's Award


Ok, as promised here's my list of blogs that I'd like to give recognition to.

Velvet Sacks
As Velvet lets you in on her life you find out she loves to read, to write, her dogs, and her family. Visit her in Louisiana and you'll fall in love with her words just like I did. As of late she's had a few problems and the posts haven't been as often as her fans would like but don't let that stop you from going back to the beginning , you'll not want to miss one of her posts that are filled with intelligence, humor, and feelings.

A Girl Worth Saving
Kelly's blog is all about getting out of debt,and she is very committed. I love her for a number of reasons, she finds the best most interesting sites on the web and shares them. She always encourages me when she reads my despair in my own blog, and I love her sense of humor which cracks me up at times and I love her intelligence and insight on current affairs that interest her. Pop over and visit her.

Cool, Calm, & Collective
I'm not even sure how it was that I found Mel's blog, but she's captured my heart and she will yours too. Mel is going through a journey that such a young beautiful woman shouldn't have to but she is doing it with such strength and bravery, it totally amazes me. You see, Mel lost her fiancee, in the war. She is 19 and she is a hero herself. Though her story is heartbreaking and she has every right to be resentful, you will find she is not. She is what America is all about. She is what the human spirit is all about. And I'm sure she'd welcome any support as she moves forward.

Last but not least I have to mention my best friend's blog at Too Busy to Blog. She's just getting started and as the name of her blog says, she is busy but she also loves birds and some of her post tell you about the ones she spots in her yard. She has a six year old which she shares stories about, and she shares special Bible verses that give her strength to get through hard times. So pop over and give her a comment or two, it could encourage her to write more often!

Ok, that's my list, you guys can put the award on your sites if you want and name anyone you'd like to. We Rockin' Girl Bloggers have to stick together you know as all of us have something worth saying. And ..........
Happy 4th of July Everybody!

6 comments:

Melissa Murphy said...

Thank you very much!!!

Kelly said...

Robbin, what a sweetheart! Thank you!

Robbin said...

Mel, You are so welcome, I hope it brought a big smile to your face.

Robbin said...

Kelly, I thought you'd get a kick out of that...and anyway, your are rockin'!

Linda@VS said...

What a nice surprise this was! Thank you, Robbin, for the encouragement. This was just what I needed to help me shake off the doldrums and get back to writing regularly. I'll try to live up to your kind words.

Robbin said...

I'm glad you were please Velvet, and no doubt when you can get back to it, your words will be better than ever!