Friday, July 20, 2007

"Memories"


Last summer I visited my son and his family in Washington. One day he came home with a bag of cherries. One of his buddies had a tree and had picked them and they were so yummy! Today I looked at some in the grocery store and as badly as I wanted them I couldn't bring myself to buy them at the price they were marked. Plus I know they wouldn't have been nearly as good as the ones I had straight from the tree last year. So I bought strawberries instead. Bummer!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Yep, the price of fruit is extremely high. When I was growing up, my best friend had a cherry tree in her yard and we ate fresh cherries and they were great.

When I was in high school, our marching band went to the Cherry Festival in Washington, D.C. The trees were so beautiful in bloom. I still remember the band playing, "Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White"!!

Robbin said...

That's a great memory Linda. Here in Macon Georgia we have some of those same kind of Cherry Trees and they are so breath taking beautiful when they are in full bloom.