Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Blueberry Pie

I don't think I actually blogged about making the blueberry pie. I did make it Saturday night, or I should say Sunday morning about 2 A.M. (see Linda, I have my nights too).

I had an idea to make two of them, one for me and one for my step-father for Father's Day. But the thing is I didn't buy enough berries but for one pie. I still wanted to give it to my step father but I hated to give it to him without tasting it, it was a new recipe I'd never made before. So.....I did the only thing I knew to do. I sliced it and had a piece. It was very good.

SO on Father's day, on my way to work, I delivered it to him (less one piece) with a can of whipped cream. He's a big joker and he says, "I get a used pie, huh?" I explained to him I couldn't give it to him without tasting it first and he goes, "Yea, uh huh. Sure."

Anyway, last night he called me and said,

"I guess I have to wait until next Father's Day to get another one of these pies."
I say, "So you liked it huh?"
"Yep" he says, "it was good."
"Well, good, maybe you won't have to wait a year to get another one." I tell him.
"Next time," he says, "Maybe I won't get a used one!"

Silly man! And the funny thing is, he doesn't even know it was a pretty healthy blueberry pie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really sounds yummy. I'm glad your dad liked it. Sounds like he has a good sense of humor!!
My dad lives back east (Ohio), so I didn't get to see him for Father's Day.

Marcie said...

I love that story Robbin. I know what you mean about giving something away that you haven't tasted. I usually make pumpkin bread for friends at the holidays. My batch makes 3 loaves and one is always for us. That way I always know the batch turned out right (and yes, I admit it, my family and I really like the pumpkin bread ourselves! *grin*)

Robbin said...

Linda, he is a hoot! I hope you get to see your father soon. I know how hard it is to live so far away from family.

Robbin said...

aisling, Of course we HAVE to taste before we give it away. My mom and I make little loaves of breads to give away at Christmas and we make extra too to ah..taste. WINK. Wouldn't want to give anybody anything that wasn't good!