Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Early Morning Conference Call Day

Tuesday morning is always my conference call day. I go in late on Tuesdays and take the call from home. It starts at 7:45 a.m. and it consists of our district manager and 15 of us managers.

Conference calls are interesting because you have some people who hardly ever speak up, you hardly know they are there, and then you have the others who sometimes talk too much. There are times when I think they are just talking to hear themselves talk.

This morning however, I think we were all half asleep and even the "talkers" were pretty quiet. Could be that it's the rainy morning (most of us are not that far from each other and share the same weather). Because this is the week of our big sale, our quietness didn't go over well with our district manager. Especially since sales aren't where she'd like to see them.
Before the call was over we all tried to be a little more enthusiastic but I don't think we were very convincing.

Oh well, it was what it was and I for one am glad it's over.

No comments: