Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I'm Back.....

Well, I was a very good girl and got my work done.

I had to write about my supper. When it gets hot, it is a real challenge to come up with something to eat. So I was proud that I came up with something different tonight.

I had a can of 3 Bean Salad in the cabinet and I wanted something light, and not hot, so here's what aspired. I mixed avocado, spring onions, and Italian dressing with the can of beans. Put it on a bed of mixed salad greens, put sliced tomatoes and cukes around the plate and it was good to me! Very satisfying.

Now I'm watching The American Film Institute's 100 best movies of all time on T.V. And can I just say young Marlin Brando, WOW!!! I always forget how good looking he was. And Katherine Hepburn, what an actress! Cary Grant, Al Pacino, they were so great. This is making me want to rent some old movies. Off to Netflix to update my Queue.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your supper sounded yummy! I hate to cook when it gets hot. I have an avocado tree in my backyard. Free avocados!!

Marcie said...

Robbin, I ate a similar dinner about 4 days ago. I had my can of 3 bean salad in the refrigerator (so it was nice and cold), I added a can of marinated artichoke hearts and a can of chick peas (for a protein element.) I tossed on a dressing of oil and herbs. I didn't even have greens to serve it over, but it was cold, crisp and delicious. It's nice to have things on hand for when you don't feel like cooking, or it's just too hot to cook, isn't it?

Robbin said...

Oh it must be nice to go out and pick an avocado. Lucky you!

Robbin said...

Oooh, I bet the artichokes were good with it. I'll make a note to try that next time. Yes, it gets when it gets hot it's hard to find something to eat and sandwiches and regular salads get boring so one has to be creative. Thanks for sharing. I've explored your cooking blog a bit, need to go back and look somemore.