Sunday, June 17, 2007

Teamwork at work



Let's see, this week has flown by and we are now done with our big sale at work and for the first time ever in history our little store finished 2nd in a contest our District Manager ran. I'm very excited about that. Usually we always were 4th or 5th but this year my team worked together and they went after it and we did it. So, we won $100 for the store, my assistant manager and I won a day off with pay, she also won $50 dollars for being the coordinator of the event, and she did a super job. So, we're shooting for # 1 when this goes on again in November. Success feels good, especially when you see your team working so hard for it.

I am especially pleased because it is so important to me to be a good manager and part of that is to get people to want to accomplish goals and to work together as a team to do it. My associates did that this time and I'm like a proud coach whose team just won an important game, or at least won 2nd place.

There's a quote I like by Coach Bear Bryant. Here's what it is:

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then YOU did it."

My son says every lesson you need to know in life you can learn in football, so there you go, this time we did good, next time, my team will be number one! GO TEAM!!!!!

No comments: