Sunday, September 23, 2007

Breakfast Pears


I love pears. I think pears are my favorite fruit. I seldom buy them anymore though because I can't usually get good ones. A lady that works with me bought me some from her tree. The last of the crop she says. I've no idea what kind they are, here in Georgia there must be a thousand different kinds of pears. She apologized that they weren't Bartlett. Doesn't matter to me, I love pears of any variety.
These are huge! Not the prettiest of fruits but my are they good. For a change from my oatmeal this morning I had a lovely breakfast of pears and cottage cheese, sprinkled with Cinnamon. Very nice and filling. Thankful for the pears this morning.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

The pears look great. The deer, or maybe raccoons, ate all of those that grew on my trees! :( Did you see my food blog this morning? I think the breakfast I ate would be good with pears in place of apples. I had grated apples, homemade granola (though any granola would do), tossed with raisins.

Robbin said...

Sounds yummy Aisling, going right over there and checking it out.