Sunday, September 09, 2007

Just Me Rambling On & On

Trying to pretend as if I don't feel totally horribly bad today, I decided to do something I had once done before for awhile. I decided to do my cooking for the week. This way I can take my lunch, saving lots of money and have something cooked for when I get home. It's a win win situation.

Cooking for one seems to be a big problem for me. Although it's been years since I've really cooked on a continuous basis for anyone but myself, it's something I've never gotten good at. Plus it doesn't help that I'm not much on leftovers. There are a few things of course that are better the next day like spaghetti sauce and chili, maybe pasta salad, but other than these few foods I can't seem to eat things more than twice in a row.

Today I cooked a pork tenderloin. I decided it would be good for sandwiches for a few days. And........I've discovered Glad Ziplock Microwave Steaming Bags. I can't tell you how much I love these for fresh or frozen veggies and even fish and chicken. They are great. You don't have to dirty up pots or pans or dishes . Today I cooked baby carrots in one bag and fresh asparagus in another. They come in different sizes too so they are great for a family to use too. They cook the veggies perfectly in a little bit of time.

So with the roast and the veggies, I have a few lunches and suppers ready and that's really nice.

My cold is a little better. This morning I felt pretty rough but I think I'll live. On top of that my tooth is still not quite right and I'm going to have to find the time tomorrow to go and see the dentist to make sure he doesn't need to do something else. I dread that because I'm afraid he'll just decide to pull it. I'd rather keep it if possible.

Ok, this is really and truly a boring post I know, but at the moment my life is pretty boring. Plus I'm all drugged up on cold medicine. I'm just a little out of sinc at the moment. But hopefully I'll be back to normal before too long.

4 comments:

Marcie said...

Robbin, I didn't think your post was boring at all... and anyway, at least you're posting! Unlike me! lol! I hope I find a minute to post something this week. :)

Robbin said...

ahh, you're too sweet Aisling. I know you must be busy with your house guest and your family. I always look forward to your posts though and I hope you find time too!

Linda said...

I think it's great to get things cooked up in advance. It makes things so much easier; especially if you're tired. I have some of those steaming bags, too. I'm going to try them out.

Sorry to hear about your cold. I HATE colds. My allergies have been acting up so I've been congested and feeling our of sync, too.

Robbin said...

Linda,
I hate colds too, especially summer colds. And my lunch was yummy today, nice not to have to go out and buy something.