Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Tribute to Dory


My best friend Steph's beagle, Dory, got hit by a car this morning. This is something I found for her to let her know how sorry I am and that I understand how hard it is when we lose a pet.


Sunlight streams through window pane unto a spot on the floor....then I remember,it's where you used to lie,but now you are no more.

Our feet walk down a hall of carpet,and muted echoes sound....then I remember,It's where your paws would joyously abound.

A voice is heard along the road, and up beyond the hill,then I remember it can't be yours....your golden voice is still.

But I'll take that vacant spot of floor and empty muted hall and lay them with the absent voice and unused dish along the wall.

I'll wrap these treasured memorials in a blanket of my love and keep them for my best friend until we meet above.

Author Unknown

2 comments:

amy said...

Please tell Steph how sorry we are, too. Poor little Robbin. I wish I could give all of them a hug!

The_Gertster said...

Thank you, Robbin!
I have been wanting to write a tribute to DORY on my blog,,,,but I havent had time. I still might do it, But I know I wont be able to write one as sweet as this one. I thought I was holding up really well,,,,,,but your blog touched my heart, now I am crying again. She was a sweet dog, she brought alot of joy to our family. Robbin and I were laughing about something tonight that DORY did a few weeks ago,,,,and thats how it should be!