Sunday, September 30, 2007

Goodbye September

I cannot believe September is almost over. When I was a little girl and I'd hear my grandmother say that time passed so fast, I really didn't understand. What was she talking about? During the school year time passed at a snail's pace until summer vacation arrived. After summer, time so slowly passed until at last Christmas came. And now, well now dear grandmother, I know exactly what you mean. Time passes by so fast now that I hardly remember one month from the next. It's like a blur. Which all the more reason I need to savor each day, each moment really. Maybe I can will time to slow down enough for me to appreciate it all because I can't get these moments back.

And so as I welcome October, I'll try and live in the moment. Day by day I'll seek out wondrous things and look for the miracles in each day. That's what I'm going to do! I'm living way too fast and wishing to be where I'm not. So I've either got to find where I want to be or be happy with where I am.

3 comments:

Catherine Mary said...

A few years ago I discovered that I think of autumn as the start of my year not January 1. Just as others make personal commitments to a new way of thinking or living on New Year's Day, I pick a day in autumn for my "fresh start." It's probably related to my childhood love for the beginning of a new school year! May October be full of 31 days of lovely moments for you!

Robbin said...

Thank you so much Catherine Mary, so good to see you. I think I sort of do that too with the beginning of fall. Come back soon.

Robbin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.