Saturday, September 15, 2007

A New Day & a Few Reflections


Ok, it is a new day! Yesterday is but a blur, sort of. Still it stings a little but I'm thinking forward here.
I go in at the odd hour of two thirty in the afternoon but we have inventory and will probably work until ten tonight.
My work hours aren't usually so dreadful but sometimes they are and this week they are.
The good news is it's under 90 degrees. Still no sign of changing leaves that I can spot but under 90 is a good thing.

I am so NOT in a good mood today. I am trying, really I am but I'm in a bad place right now. And that is so dumb! I have a job, a roof over my head, food to eat. I have good healthy grown children and a beautiful grandchild. I have people who love me. I have a sweet little dog who adores me and thinks I'm the most wonderful creature in the world. I have a car that gets me where I want to go. I even have a supply of wonderfully scented bath products for goodness sakes! What more in the world could I want?

Oh, I think I am just tired, more mentally than anything else and when I get like this I overthink and get down on myself. I read an interesting article the other day in a magazine about being nice to yourself. Forgiving yourself for being human and doing human things. I think most of us are tougher on ourselves than we are on the people we deal with. I know I am.
So......I'm going to try and have a peaceful day today, try to calm my insides a little. I'm off to soak in some of that wonderful bubble bath I have and clear my head. We shall see how it goes!

No comments: