Tuesday, September 11, 2007



There's one thing I really dislike about the world of blogging. Just like in real life people come and go. I don't really read too many other blogs but I do have my favorites and a few times some of those people have come to the decision to quit blogging. When that happens I always feel sad.


It's not that most of us get to know each other all that well. I think that's what I like about reading other blogs. Without hearing all the details of a person's life you only get just what that person chooses for you to know. And that's usually enough for me.


One of my favorite bloggers has decided to stop blogging, and I'm going to miss her greatly. But just like when people come and go in your "real" life, she leaves me just a little bit different had I not met her through her blog and through her comments she left here. I am left with a little bit of her view on certain things, a little bit of her wisdom, and more than a few smiles. In my mind I will remember her beautiful photography and her connection to these things that she shared in her little workshop. And even if for me it was just a short period of time, I am glad she shared her thoughts and dreams with us and I was always happy to see that she had visited my humble little blog and had the desire to even read anything I had to say.

I'm going to miss you.




4 comments:

Linda said...

I've only been using the computer reading blogs for a little over a year. I picked your blog to read because of the name. I have a cedar chest and it holds many dreams inside it, too.

I feel connections with certain bloggers and have made some great friends, but that connection doesn't come along every day.

I know you will miss reading your friend's blog.

Why would you be surprised that someone would have the desire to even read anything you have to say? You are a wonderful person, you put your emotions out there, you are honest and caring. It doesn't surprise me one bit.

Robbin said...

Thank you Linda, you always make my head swell, lol.
I'm glad you found me. I look forward to your visits every time.
Thanks for always listening to me even when I'm a little weird or depressing or excited.

Catherine Mary said...

Robbin, If you are writing about my blog here, I want to thank you for your beautiful words. Beautiful words from a beautiful person. I'm glad I was able to share some of my thoughts with you and I'm always happy to come visit you here--even if you are in funk ;-)--isn't that what (blogger) friends do? Thank you for including a picture of a bench in your entry--you must know I take a lot of pictures of benches! Know that I will be back to visit to read and enjoy your words and pictures. I'm not blogging myself now but I'm still reading my favorite blogs.

Robbin said...

Hey Catherine Mary, and yep, I was talking about you and the bench was just for you. I'm glad you'll still be visiting and if you ever start a blogging again, I hope you'll share it with me.
Come and visit often and take care!