Sunday, September 23, 2007

Food, food, food and the Carpet Cleaning Guy!

It dawned on me all I've blogged all day long is FOOD! But Sunday is the only day I have to really have time to cook and that's my excuse.

The only other thing going on is the adventure of "Robbin and the Carpet Cleaning Man".

Our company hires someone who cleans all the stores in an area's carpets. My man has to come from Atlanta. You guys thought the "cable guy" is bad, listen to this. For a month now he's been scheduled to clean the carpet. First he coming on a Tuesday after we closed. That worked out good for me because I usually close anyway on Tuesday. He canceled for the following Friday night. Right before he was suppose to come, he canceled for the next Friday night. Ok, I'm easy to get along with. You guessed it! He canceled on that one too. (Bad weather, you see.) So, ok, he's coming today after the store closes at five. Works for me. I don't have to work, but I'll go in and stay with him for a couple of hours to get this done. Well, I've had three conversations with him today. First he was coming, and then he wasn't and then he was and now he's not! This guy is something.

As badly as I hate to, I'm going to have to let my district manager know about this. I don't want him to lose the contract but this is getting a little out of hand. He did mention he would have to do it for free, which would be good for me. Save me that much out of my store budget!

And so....that's been my adventure for the day.

2 comments:

amy said...

I think he beats our cable guy, hands down.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.