Friday, September 14, 2007

This is the kind of day I had today


This is how my day went step by step.


1. Closing tonight and even have to stay later because the carpet cleaning man is coming


2. Schedule myself to go in a few hours later to make up for having to stay.


3. Employee calls after going home sick and leaving only one employee at the store.


4. Call in someone who is suppose to be off to come in but it is going to take her probably longer to get there than I can get there.


5. Rush the clothes to dry since I have nothing clean and wasn't expecting to have to go in until later.


6. As I'm trying to get ready, I have 4 or 5 calls from employee at store alone.


7. Last call is telling me that my district manager is there to do an audit. (I hate audits.)


8. District manager calls me to say she is sorry since she is there at a bad time since we are short handed and have the carpet cleaner coming in, and we have inventory tomorrow.


9. Pass audit by only one point even though we thought we would do much better.


10. Carpet man calls to cancel.


11. I tell my boss she is so good to me only to have an employee tell her that's not what I'll say after she leaves. (I guess she was trying to joke but my boss probably now thinks I talk bad about her behind her back.)


12. Come home and collapse on the bed and hope tomorrow is better.

2 comments:

Catherine Mary said...

Could your day get any worse? I sure hope you have today (Saturday) off (or a day sooner rather than later). Do you have a huge chocolate bar stored away -- you could indulge and enjoy?

Robbin said...

Not off today Catherine Mary, I have inventory but as a matter of fact....I do have chocolate!