Thursday, September 20, 2007

I love Banana Bread


This came from Dr. Weil today is my email. I really wish I had 3 very ripe bananas!

Ingredients:
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup honey
3 tbsp canola oil, plus a little more for oiling the loaf pan
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans


Instructions:
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a loaf pan.

2. Mash the bananas and mix with the honey, canola oil and vanilla extract.

3. Stir together the whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda and salt. Add the nuts.

4. Blend the two mixtures and spoon into a lightly oiled loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until center is set.


2 comments:

amy said...

We love it, too! I just made some last week and I am wanting more. I will try this recipe in a few days. I've found that sticking the bananas in the fridge makes them get really really ripe but not gross, and I always use one more than the recipe calls for. It's such a yummy fall treat.

Robbin said...

Yep, always a favorite of mine too.