Monday, September 10, 2007

Me & My Big Mouth


At work our company wants us to do what is called 5 day call backs. The idea is you call the customers who buy glasses 5 days after the glasses are dispensed. You thank them for doing business with you, you ask how they are liking their new eye ware and you remind them that adjustments and repairs are always free.


It's a great policy actually but it is such a challenge to do. It only takes 15 tops if we'd do it and used as a tool, one can find out in what areas you can improve your store. But it is so hard to do.


I was determined to do it as I always seem to miss it on my store visits from my district manager. So I worked on it and was so excited about my success I wanted to share with my boss how I was getting it done.


So impressed was she that she's asked me to do a presentation on it at our Manager's meeting in October. Swell.

4 comments:

Catherine Mary said...

I am not a phone person so 5-day call backs would be a challenge for me. I'm glad your hard work and determination is being noticed by your boss. When the presentation is over in October, let us know how it went.

Robbin said...

I will. At our meeting there will be only about 20 people, and most I've known for a few years but I still get the jitters speaking in front of people. I do comedy much better, last meeting we did a presentation on store meetings and I got to do a "bad" store meeting or the wrong way to have one you know. It was pretty funny and everyone told me I should have been a comic.

Linda said...

I'm proud of you!! I know you'll do just fine. Let us know how it goes.

Robbin said...

Thanks Linda, we'll see how it goes. And I'll let you know for sure.