Thursday, September 20, 2007

I Took A Trip this afternoon....


....down memory lane that is, with my good friend Barry Manilow and I've got a few things to say. (I apologize in advance for this but I couldn't resist.)

I've remembered The Way We Were while My Eyes Adored You. I've built A Bridge Over Troubled Water for someone because with me, You Got A Friend. He needed my help but it's ok because He Ain't Heavy , He's My Brother.

I went out west because It Never Rains in California and I went Sailing. I got Close To You (where they long to be). I found out Sorry Seems To Be the Hardest Word to say.

Finally after this Long and Winding Road Barry sang to me his own songs from the 70's. I met Mandy at the Copacabana where Even now he claims "I write the songs." We remembered our Weekend in New England and were both glad we lived through the 70's.
Looks Like We Made It!

And now I have the strangest urge to find my granny dress and put flowers in my hair. Ah.......the seventies.

2 comments:

Linda@VS said...

Great post, Robbin. I like Barry Manilow, too.

I put a little something on my blog for you last night, and now I see you already have one. When I came here to get a link to your site, I did a key word search and didn't find it. Now I see that I should have just scrolled down the page. Aw, well, sorry for the duplication, but it isn't a bad thing that more than one person thinks you're nice.

Robbin said...

Thank you very much Velvet. I'll graciously accept it again.