Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Party Planning

Part of my day today I spent doing some planning of the big 70th birthday party for my mama in November.

I got the invitations made and ordered. I decided the theme will be red, it is a vibrant color like she is and easy to work with. On the invitations I stated that we were celebrating with her favorite color and to please wear something bright red if they wanted. I also asked them to bring with them a handwritten memory or birthday wish for her and I'll have a "memory jar" set up to drop those in.

Now, I've got to work on the food. My stepfather told me he would take care of having the cake made, so that helps a lot. I'm thinking of having punch, red of course and then some finger foods using red as much as I can. I mean for this thing to be RED!

This weekend my parents are going out of town so I'm going to their house and steal some pictures to use. I'm either going to scan them so that maybe I can do a PowerPoint presentation or just use the pictures on a board or something. Also maybe I'll have one blown up. We shall see.

Other than party planning, I've done little else. For some reason our power was out for a couple of hours this afternoon. I took a nap, lol.

Back to work tomorrow and we have inventory Saturday night so probably a good thing I rested up.

No comments: