Tuesday, August 14, 2007

An Affirmation For Today


I woke up this morning early because I have the dreaded conference call as I do every Tuesday morning.

I also woke up with feelings of thankfulness. Thankful for this world provided for us. Isn't it cool how things work on this earth and in this life? And even though I forget to appreciate this from time to time, the sun never forgets to rise and the air we breathe for survival doesn't forget to be there all the time. In fact if you think about it everything we need has been provided for us. Sometimes we forget that. We wish for "things" that we want, material things that may or may not be within our reach but really, all we need is right here in front of us for the taking. A gift to us from our creator. It is evident that we are a part of this great gift, we come from it and we go back to it. And no matter who you conceive that to be it is that creator with whom we are all connected. We are the sun and the moon and the stars, we are the oceans & the wind. We are a part of the animals that walk among us, and the plants that provide us with such beauty. And in the center of all of this is the force that has created us and all that surrounds us. This morning that brings me much comfort knowing I am a part of this. Just a tiny little speck am I in the scheme of things but my little speck counts. And so this morning I am grateful to be a part of this beautiful creation we call life and if I listen, really listen to the voice inside of me, getting past the barrier of my own voice and fears, my direction in life will become clear. This morning I know this to be true.

2 comments:

Linda said...

That is so true. Sometimes I marvel at the fact that I am even here at all. I think we all should have an attitude of gratitude.

Robbin said...

I love that Linda, "AN attitude for gratitude!"