Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Interesting Fact


"In his later years Pablo Picasso was not allowed to roam an art gallery unattended, for he had previously been discovered in the act of trying to improve on one of his old masterpieces."

I came across this and it blew me away. Really gifted people never really know how good they are. They are always seeking what they think would be perfection and that's really sad in a way. So often they are never really happy with anything they accomplish, in every aspect of their lives. Maybe it is a trade-off.

2 comments:

Linda said...

That was really interesting. I had no idea that he tried to improve on his paintings in that way. I wonder if they experience this need for perfection in other aspects of their lives.

Robbin said...

Yep, that's what I'm thinking Linda.