Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Company Perks (well deserved I might add)

The best part about getting to go out of town and working in another store is you get to stay in a hotel and eat out and it's paid for by the company! Our boss booked us in a pretty new hotel (I LOVE NEW HOTELS!) and when we got there we were told we had been "upgraded" to one of their best suites. Alrighty then, we did not argue with that a bit.
They had a nice indoor pool but the bad news, we didn't bring swimsuits, and the pool closed at ten o'clock. We worked later than that but....we were such VIP's at the hotel we got a special pass to use the pool after hours and after finding clearance swim suits at Walmart, we enjoyed a wonderful swim and then relaxed in the hot tub!
Not being gals who don't appreciate good food, we had two great meals while we were there. Thomasville folks are really nice, everywhere we went and so even though we worked our butts off, we had lots of fun, and I needed that!
So, today I go back to my store but with a real appreciation of my associates and the way our store looks.

6 comments:

Linda said...

That sounded like so much fun. I love nice hotels. Glad you got to use the pool and hot tub.
Did you use room service or go to the dining room. What kind of goodies did you get??

Robbin said...

No room service Linda, but we had a really nice steak dinner with grilled asparagus and then we had lunch the next day at a really cool little place called Fish Bonz Cafe. Quiche was what my friend had, I had a roast beef panini with pasta salad. OH, and I had scones for the first time ever!

Linda said...

That sounds so yummy. I've been wanting to try a panini. I love cold pasta salad. I've never tried scones either. That's another thing I want to try.

amy said...

I'm so glad you ate at Fish Bonz! I went there on my visit for "pasta night" - it's set-up where you pick all your veggies and meat, and pasta & sauce and 2 chefs cook it right there in front of you! I bet it was a good place for lunch, too!

Anonymous said...

alternative medicine for fatty liver alternative medicine
for fatty liver alternative medicine for fatty liver

my web blog naturally treat fatty liver

Anonymous said...

There have also been expressed by the Global Network Initiative, an Student Loans People caddy developed detailed information about the service price.


My page; Private Student Loans for People