Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Granddaughter......


....learned to ride her bike today! You can read about it on her mom's blog here. I am so excited about it for her and I can only hope she learns to love her bike as much as I did mine when I was a little girl.

MY bike wasn't just a bike you know. At any moment it could become a wild Mustang that I rode fearlessly or a police car chasing crooks. It could be a cool motorcycle where I pretended to ride cross country and sometimes I turned it upside down and pretended the wheel was a steering wheel of a car that I drove recklessly through the town making wild turns.

I hope she doesn't learn how to ride without hands or try to ride a friend on the handle bars. (I have scars on both knees proving these are not the smartest things to do). At any rate I hope she has as much fun riding her bike as I did and I hope her bike is a magic one just like mine was!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I checked out the blog and it sounded like she was having a really great time. I'm like you; I loved, loved, loved my bike. Mine was a mauve color with streamers. It had a basket that I would put my little puppy in to ride around (a pomeranian). Those were sure fun and care-free days.

Robbin said...

I know it, and you know what, you don't see kids now riding their bikes like we did. That's such a shame too!