Saturday, August 04, 2007

Dreamin' of Cooler Things


There's a place is China called Harbin. Geographically it is located in Northeast China and is under the direct winter cold that comes from Siberia. In the summer time the average temperature is around 70 degrees F, and in the winter the average is 3 degrees. At times it can get as cold as -30 degrees.

The really special thing about Harbin is that every year they host an
Ice and Art Festival. How spectacular would it be to see that?

(The heat index here today was at dangerous levels and I'm dreaming of cool places.)

4 comments:

Linda said...

That was so "cool"!! I loved all the snow sculptures. They were really amazing in all the details. The maple leaf ice screen was neat, too. Thanks so much for sharing.

Marcie said...

I followed the link. Just gorgeous and truly worlds away. I feel cooler now (it doesn't hurt that a cool morning breeze is coming in the window.) I hope it helped you!

Robbin said...

Linda, truly amazing, I can't imagine how long it must take to build some of those exhibits.

Robbin said...

LOL, well Aisling, today is going to be just as hot and as the A/C moans and groans doing its best, I am thankful not to have to be out there.