Monday, August 27, 2007

Just Another Monday

Today was ok for a Monday. Business was kind of slow though but that was ok, gave us a little break and allowed me to clean off my poor desk. It has been a little not so organized for a while now as one of my sales associates has been out sick for what seems like most of the summer. She's back now so things should be a little better.

I am in need of a real break, not just a day or two. My assistant manager and I have been with the company for quite a few years and we have lots of vacation time but it is so hard to actually get to take it. I always know when I'm ready because I loose patience with people and I can't do that in the business I'm in. So, I have to be very careful. I have a week planned off in November when I'm planning to do the birthday bash for my Mom but I sure could use some time before that. That doesn't look promising. BUMMER!

I could be wrong but if I suddenly came into a lot of money, I wouldn't be one of those people who would just keep on working. I can always think of a million other things I'd rather be doing, (none of which would earn me money). If I ever won the lottery and was set for life I'd give my notice so fast. I've worked since I was 15 years old and I'm tired of it! But, that's life huh? You do what you got to do.

4 comments:

Linda said...

It'd be really nice if you could get a week off just to do nothing and recharge your batteries. It's so easy to get burn-out if you don't have some down time.

Robbin said...

Yes Linda, my boss has such a tight reign on exactly when we can take vacation, and then when something happens to prevent you from taking it during those times its like she expects you to just lose it but SHE takes her's I betcha!

amy said...

no quick October getaway to Washington? hmmm?

Robbin said...

Not gonna happen I'm afraid.