Friday, August 03, 2007

Rough Day at the Office


As you may imagine, back to school means business for those of us in the optic business and that's good but this week has been hard. Dealing with insurance issues, associate issues, customer issues, Dr. issues........well, it's enough to make you wish you were on a tropical island somewhere hiding out until it's all over.

I had to work until closing tonight and that means it's nearly ten o'clock when I get home and I can't begin to tell you how it feels to go non-stop for eight hours serving the public, always with a smile and then to finally get to come home and kick off your shoes and just go ahhhh!

Because I have to eat supper pretty early at work when I close, sometimes I need a little something when I get home. So tonight I remembered the pear my mother gave me from her tree the other day. A pot of green tea, and a slice of cheese sounded good to go along with it. And then it's going to be time for me to sleep. It should come fast and it should be sound.

4 comments:

Catherine Mary said...

Robbin, I like your teapot and tea cup. This reminds me that there are times when I would like to come home and have something simple for supper but then I have two men to feed who like "meat and potato" meals. I'm glad I'm not the only one to use the word "supper." Most people I know say, dinner.

Robbin said...

It is nice, I raised two sons so I know what you mean about having to feed those hungry men!

Linda said...

Sorry your work is rough right now. I used to work for doctors, so I would hear complaints all the time. I love your teapot and cup. They are so cute!!

Robbin said...

Working with a Doctor can be challenging for sure Linda.

You know, I looked for a long time for that litle teapot and I love it too. It makes me smile every time I get to use it.