Thursday, August 02, 2007

Trends

You know how things come and go in the world of products all in the name of getting us to buy them? Some work, some don't. Like for instance we were introduced to "gel" products. There was toothpaste and then pens and then the next thing you know, everything goes "gel". Cleaning products, candies, candles, hair products, bathing gels, face gels, gel shaving creams! Gel products must have been a success because they're still around big time!

Lately here's what I'm noticing. "Orange Cream Flavor". This past week alone I've seen a hamburger place boasting about its new "orange cream milkshake." At the grocery store I saw orange cream cakes and muffins. Just tonight I see an orange cream cake recipe (actually sounds yummy) on my favorite recipe site.

I'm sure if you looked for it you'd find orange cream sodas, shampoos, and fingernail polish.

It's the name I think. I mean doesn't it sound good? Orange Cream.....it sounds so lovely. I hope they don't go too far with this though and try and make something orange cream gel! YUK! Anyway, just wondering about what's up all of a sudden with ORANGE CREAM FLAVORED everything! In the meantime, try this out.

Recipe: Orange Cream sickle

1 cup orange juice

4 scoops vanilla frozen yogurt



l. Pour the orange juice into the blender jar.

2. Scoop the yogurt into the blender jar.

3. Blend until creamy.

6 comments:

Marcie said...

When I was a kid we had orange and cream popsicles called "Dreamsicles." Did you have those? When my own children were small I would make them a Dreamsicle bath with vanilla & sweet orange essential oils. The vanilla oil was pretty expensive though, so when it ran out I switched to ylang ylang, which is very dreamy, and sweet orange.

Anyway, besides all of that, your post is making me hungry! lol!

Robbin said...

LOL, well see Aisling, you were ahead of time, you knew how wonderful orange cream is! I do remember when the ice cream truck came around they'd have orange cream sickles, but I was always a drumbstick kid myself.

Catherine Mary said...

I am not making this up. I was just sitting here at work (before I looked up your blog)looking at bundt cake recipes. Out of the many recipes I looked at I was either going to choose a latte pound cake or an orange yogurt pound Cake. I chose the orange yogurt. Small world.

Robbin said...

LOL, that is so funny Catherine Mary, I love it! I bet it will be good, sounds good.

Linda said...

I love orange. I love cream sickles and I love the smell of orange candles!! Now you've gone and made me hungry!!

Robbin said...

LOL, sorry Linda, hey, I've never had orange candles, so you've made me want to go look for some of those!