Monday, August 27, 2007

If things had of been different....

.....I could have spent the coming weekend in Louisiana. But I have to work the whole weekend including Labor day. No way to change it or swap out, just couldn't work it out. My friend is working there but he is leaving soon and this was our last opportunity. Just my luck!



Yesterday he passed by this plantation house in White Castle La. and snapped a pic for me on his phone. This one is called Nottoway . It's 53,000 sq.ft., can you imagine that? WOW! It was build in 1857 with a fortune made in sugar cane. It has 50 rooms, the fellow who build it had 11 kids!

It is said to have been the first plantation home to have a bathroom on the second floor. It is open now for tours and has a bed and breakfast.

4 comments:

Linda said...

It's really gorgeous. I just love the plantations in the south. I love the big white columns in the front of the house and they usually have beautiful gardens.

Sorry you didn't get to go(: as I know you would have had a great time.

Robbin said...

It really is something! I can't imagine living in a place so big.

amy said...

Forget how big the house is, I can't imagine having 11 children!

Robbin said...

You got one right Amy. But with 50 rooms, they could spread out pretty good.