Sunday, August 12, 2007

Retraction

Ok, I take it back, it is still pretty hot this morning. I decided to do some chores before I get settled back into China and woo wee! It's hot! But I did get them done, fixed a bowl of salad and a bowl of fruit salad to munch on today so no cooking required. I got things cleaned up so now I can read in peace and without worrying about stuff that needs doing. LIFE is good for the moment.

Oh, and speaking of my book in China, my feet hurt all night because I read about the process of foot binding! We'll talk more about that later! What a terrible thing!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Glad you are enjoying your book. I've read about feet binding before. Sounds just awful!!

amy said...

There's nothing better than a good book and no chores to nag at your conscience.

Robbin said...

Linda, I just can't believe that they really did that. I hope it's "did" and I hope they no longer do this sort of thing. They say they don't, I hope it's true. China is still so into traditions but I hope this one is long gone!

Robbin said...

It is so good Amy, but I have a thing for reading about this era in China you know. Amy Tan's books are perfect if you like the mystery and traditions of China and if you can take reading about women as 2nd rate people because in China at that time that's what they were for sure.