Thursday, August 23, 2007

SURPRISE! (kinda)


My mother turns 70 this year and she is expecting a party. She knows she is going to have one but she doesn't want to know what it is going to be. A surprise party that's not really a surprise! Anyway, her birthday is in November and I've been doing a little planning today. I'm thinking of just sort of a drop in thing between such and such hours on a Saturday afternoon. Unlike myself, my mother doesn't mind being the center of attention so as it should be, this is going to be all about HER.
Some ideas I have are having finger foods. Having a PowerPoint presentation of pictures of her throughout the years that will be projected on a screen during the event. I'll ask the guest to write a comment or funny story about her that they remember and I'll have a jar at the party that they can drop those into.
So far that's all I've got. I need a theme. Her favorite color is red, perhaps I'll just decorate in red. There's a plethora of things you can buy online for such an event. So we'll see.
I'm hoping the big surprise will be that her grandson whom she's not seen for a few years will be able to be here. That will be wonderful.

3 comments:

Marcie said...

Robbin, It sounds like it will be fun to plan. Red is such a powerful color, I think it is a theme in and of itself. I can't wait to hear all about it! :)

Linda said...

Oooh, the party sounds so lovely. I hope you can post some pictures. I think red will be lovely. You mama is very lucky to have such a sweet daughter to do this for her.

Robbin said...

I'll keep you guys posted and probably ask for advice too, like what's popular in finger foods these days?